The ccc.exe file is associated with the Catalyst Control Center from within the AMD Catalyst (formerly ATI Technologies). This process allows for the customization and modification of settings including video display profiles and performance settings. Casual users will likely never modify settings within this control area, while more advanced users may want to customize their settings and ultimately the functioning and effects of the video card.
This process was initially developed for use with Radeon video cards. It has now become a primary device driver and utility software for a variety of AMD video cards and is now referred to as the AMD Catalyst Control Center.
Application: Catalyst Control Center
Publisher: ATI Technologies
Rating: based on 374 votes
File scan: Click here to run a file scan
Possible causes of Ccc.exe errorsThese errors are frequently caused by conflicts with the file or installation profile, misuse of the file or respective directories, or a malicious attack on the system.
- When conflicts arise on the profile or with the file, the application may be unable to transmit data between the necessary files.
- When a file or directory is misused or damaged, the application as a whole may be unable to load.
- Malicious attacks or infections on the system may render the entire system frozen or unable to perform any necessary computing functions.
Is Ccc.exe a dangerous file (virus, malware, spyware)?In most cases, the file is considered to be safe. However, files do become corrupt at times and some malicious files are disguised to represent known, secure system files. When that happens, they can be very difficult to detect and remove, but using a comprehensive system scan usually detects them and allows you to safely remove them.
Known Ccc.exe error messages
- File not found: Ccc.exe
- Cannot find file: Ccc.exe
- Device not recognized missing Ccc.exe file
Should I stop the Ccc.exe task or process within the Task Manager?Unless you have experience managing the processes and tasks on your machine, it is best to allow a system scanner or registry scanner to handle those tasks. Many of the tasks are required for performing specific operations on your machine and removing them may cause your program or entire computer to malfunction or reboot.
Should I download a new copy of the Ccc.exe file?The only time you should ever download a new version of a system file is when it comes through an application update or from the publisher directly. Be very cautious when downloading system files from third-party websites as they may contain additional software that you would install without knowing. This could cause an even larger issue than the error you are getting from this file!
Best way to fix Ccc.exe errorsWhen these errors occur, verify if any new hardware or software has been added. If so, simply removing the new hardware or software may resolve the issue. If not, follow the steps below.
- Scan for any driver updates for new equipment. If new equipment or programs have been loaded, they may require updated drivers. Download new, secure drivers and perform a clean system restart.
- Download and install updates for the operating system. Regardless of the operating system version you are using, it is always considered good practice to install the latest security updates.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware applications. Most virus scanners will protect your machine from basic threats. To increase your protection, use a malware scanner as well.
More information about Ccc.exe
This process allows for users to change video settings. In most cases, the onboard or default drivers will be enough for users to modify the settings on the video card. However, more advanced users may wish to further customize their experience and settings for optimal or overclocked settings for gaming or other software requiring intense usage of video elements.
This file is generally known to be safe. However, malicious developers have been known to use known or common file names to mask dangerous software. If this file is found to be running outside of a secured system directory, you may have a malicious infection.
When system errors occur, it is suggested to fix them quickly. If you notice an error with this file, it may require a computer restart due to the association with your video card. Additionally, other system files like the jqs.exe file may be influenced negatively as well.