Actbar.ocx is an ActiveX file that is property of ActiveBar from Data Dynamics. ActiveBar searches for its licensing info within the registry. If ActiveX is not able to locate proper licensing info, a message regarding evaluation will be shown. It should be confirmed that all of the computer users have rights to the system registry. This will ensure that ActiveBar will be able to locate its licensing info and should prevent error messages from occuring.
Product: Microsoft Visio
Description: ActiveBar ActiveX
Similar files: Actbar2.ocx
Rating: based on 8/span> votes
File scan: Click here to run a file scan
The actbar.ocx file is a valid element of Microsoft Visio. This particular software is recognized as diagramming software for Microsoft Windows. The software utilizes vector graphics in order to make various diagrams. Microsoft Visio currently has two editions (Standard edition and Professional edition).
Actbar.ocx is a non-system process that came from software that was placed on your computer system by you. As many computer applications hold data in the computer system registry, it is possible that certain registry entries have changed location or possibly become corrupt. It may benefit your system to run a registry scan as well.
Possible causes of ActBar.ocx errorsThese errors are frequently caused by conflicts with the file or installation profile, misuse of the file or respective directories, or a malicious attack on the system.
- When conflicts arise on the profile or with the file, the application may be unable to transmit data between the necessary files.
- When a file or directory is misused or damaged, the application as a whole may be unable to load.
- Malicious attacks or infections on the system may render the entire system frozen or unable to perform any necessary computing functions.
Is ActBar.ocx a dangerous file (virus, malware, spyware)?In most cases, the file is considered to be safe. However, files do become corrupt at times and some malicious files are disguised to represent known, secure system files. When that happens, they can be very difficult to detect and remove, but using a comprehensive system scan usually detects them and allows you to safely remove them.
Known ActBar.ocx error messages
- File not found: ActBar.ocx
- Cannot find file: ActBar.ocx
- Device not recognized missing ActBar.ocx file
Should I stop the ActBar.ocx task or process within the Task Manager?Unless you have experience managing the processes and tasks on your machine, it is best to allow a system scanner or registry scanner to handle those tasks. Many of the tasks are required for performing specific operations on your machine and removing them may cause your program or entire computer to malfunction or reboot.
Should I download a new copy of the ActBar.ocx file?The only time you should ever download a new version of a system file is when it comes through an application update or from the publisher directly. Be very cautious when downloading system files from third-party websites as they may contain additional software that you would install without knowing. This could cause an even larger issue than the error you are getting from this file!
Best way to fix ActBar.ocx errorsWhen these errors occur, verify if any new hardware or software has been added. If so, simply removing the new hardware or software may resolve the issue. If not, follow the steps below.
- Scan for any driver updates for new equipment. If new equipment or programs have been loaded, they may require updated drivers. Download new, secure drivers and perform a clean system restart.
- Download and install updates for the operating system. Regardless of the operating system version you are using, it is always considered good practice to install the latest security updates.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware applications. Most virus scanners will protect your machine from basic threats. To increase your protection, use a malware scanner as well.
More information about ActBar.ocx
In order to solve the actbar.ocx error problem, it is usually suggested to replace the original actbar.ocx file that is missing. Once the actbar.ocx is replaced, many of the errors should disappear.
A secondary solution would be to re-install the application producing the error. In this case, Microsoft Visio may need to be re-installed.