The isafe.exe file is an executable file and it is designed by Computer Associates International and is a part of Computer Associate Antivirus. (NOTE: This product is now owned by TotalDefense).
Rating: based on 9 votes
File scan: Click here to run a file scan
This program belongs to an anti-virus application. It is a typical antivirus product which safe guards your system from viruses, spyware, adware, and other forms of malware. This is a part of security suite. It continuously monitors your system on a regular basis.
Possible causes of isafe.exe errorsThese errors are frequently caused by conflicts with the file or installation profile, misuse of the file or respective directories, or a malicious attack on the system.
- When conflicts arise on the profile or with the file, the application may be unable to transmit data between the necessary files.
- When a file or directory is misused or damaged, the application as a whole may be unable to load.
- Malicious attacks or infections on the system may render the entire system frozen or unable to perform any necessary computing functions.
Is isafe.exe a dangerous file (virus, malware, spyware)?In most cases, the file is considered to be safe. However, files do become corrupt at times and some malicious files are disguised to represent known, secure system files. When that happens, they can be very difficult to detect and remove, but using a comprehensive system scan usually detects them and allows you to safely remove them.
Known isafe.exe error messages
- File not found: isafe.exe
- Cannot find file: isafe.exe
- Device not recognized missing isafe.exe file
Should I stop the isafe.exe task or process within the Task Manager?Unless you have experience managing the processes and tasks on your machine, it is best to allow a system scanner or registry scanner to handle those tasks. Many of the tasks are required for performing specific operations on your machine and removing them may cause your program or entire computer to malfunction or reboot.
Should I download a new copy of the isafe.exe file?The only time you should ever download a new version of a system file is when it comes through an application update or from the publisher directly. Be very cautious when downloading system files from third-party websites as they may contain additional software that you would install without knowing. This could cause an even larger issue than the error you are getting from this file!
Best way to fix isafe.exe errorsWhen these errors occur, verify if any new hardware or software has been added. If so, simply removing the new hardware or software may resolve the issue. If not, follow the steps below.
- Scan for any driver updates for new equipment. If new equipment or programs have been loaded, they may require updated drivers. Download new, secure drivers and perform a clean system restart.
- Download and install updates for the operating system. Regardless of the operating system version you are using, it is always considered good practice to install the latest security updates.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware applications. Most virus scanners will protect your machine from basic threats. To increase your protection, use a malware scanner as well.
More information about isafe.exe
If you wish to disable and prevent the process from running on your system, follow these steps.
- Go to Start and search for services.msc. This will bring up a list of program services that are running on the PC.
- Click on indexing service and select stop this service.
Optionally, you can also disable the Indexing Service using this method.
- Go to the Start Menu and choose Control Panel.
- Then choose Add/Remove Programs and click on Add/Remove Windows Component Option.
- Uncheck the Indexing Service box and click Next.
- Click finish.