The igfxpers.exe process is the primary file for the Graphics Persistence Module within the Intel driver packages. The driver is installed on Windows operating systems and includes files for Intel and nVidia graphics cards. The primary function of this process is to allow for video optimization and the modification of settings like refresh rate, colors, and resolution. If this driver is not installed properly, visual settings may be reduced or disabled entirely.
Application: Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
Rating: based on 327 votes
File scan: Click here to run a file scan
Possible causes of Igfxpers.exe errorsThese errors are frequently caused by conflicts with the file or installation profile, misuse of the file or respective directories, or a malicious attack on the system.
- When conflicts arise on the profile or with the file, the application may be unable to transmit data between the necessary files.
- When a file or directory is misused or damaged, the application as a whole may be unable to load.
- Malicious attacks or infections on the system may render the entire system frozen or unable to perform any necessary computing functions.
Is Igfxpers.exe a dangerous file (virus, malware, spyware)?In most cases, the file is considered to be safe. However, files do become corrupt at times and some malicious files are disguised to represent known, secure system files. When that happens, they can be very difficult to detect and remove, but using a comprehensive system scan usually detects them and allows you to safely remove them.
Known Igfxpers.exe error messages
- File not found: Igfxpers.exe
- Cannot find file: Igfxpers.exe
- Device not recognized missing Igfxpers.exe file
Should I stop the Igfxpers.exe task or process within the Task Manager?Unless you have experience managing the processes and tasks on your machine, it is best to allow a system scanner or registry scanner to handle those tasks. Many of the tasks are required for performing specific operations on your machine and removing them may cause your program or entire computer to malfunction or reboot.
Should I download a new copy of the Igfxpers.exe file?The only time you should ever download a new version of a system file is when it comes through an application update or from the publisher directly. Be very cautious when downloading system files from third-party websites as they may contain additional software that you would install without knowing. This could cause an even larger issue than the error you are getting from this file!
Best way to fix Igfxpers.exe errorsWhen these errors occur, verify if any new hardware or software has been added. If so, simply removing the new hardware or software may resolve the issue. If not, follow the steps below.
- Scan for any driver updates for new equipment. If new equipment or programs have been loaded, they may require updated drivers. Download new, secure drivers and perform a clean system restart.
- Download and install updates for the operating system. Regardless of the operating system version you are using, it is always considered good practice to install the latest security updates.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware applications. Most virus scanners will protect your machine from basic threats. To increase your protection, use a malware scanner as well.
More information about Igfxpers.exe
It is strongly suggested to also have the most updated video card drivers. While some visual settings may suffice without them, the overall quality of the image and depth of available settings will be far less than it would be with the most updated drivers. Additionally, resolution size and quality will be reduced as well.
Due to the nature of this process, errors with it will definitely influence your computer negatively. When this happens, you may experience errors with other required process on your system. Unfortunately, one of those processes is spoolsv.exe. If you notice errors with either (or any) of these files, fix them as quickly as possible.