The dvdlauncher.exe file is a startup application that belongs to CyberLink PowerCinema. The dvdlauncher.exe allows DVDs to automatically run after being inserted into the DVD ROM drive.
Possible causes of Dvdlauncher.exe errorsThese errors are frequently caused by conflicts with the file or installation profile, misuse of the file or respective directories, or a malicious attack on the system.
- When conflicts arise on the profile or with the file, the application may be unable to transmit data between the necessary files.
- When a file or directory is misused or damaged, the application as a whole may be unable to load.
- Malicious attacks or infections on the system may render the entire system frozen or unable to perform any necessary computing functions.
Is Dvdlauncher.exe a dangerous file (virus, malware, spyware)?In most cases, the file is considered to be safe. However, files do become corrupt at times and some malicious files are disguised to represent known, secure system files. When that happens, they can be very difficult to detect and remove, but using a comprehensive system scan usually detects them and allows you to safely remove them.
Known Dvdlauncher.exe error messages
- File not found: Dvdlauncher.exe
- Cannot find file: Dvdlauncher.exe
- Device not recognized missing Dvdlauncher.exe file
Should I stop the Dvdlauncher.exe task or process within the Task Manager?Unless you have experience managing the processes and tasks on your machine, it is best to allow a system scanner or registry scanner to handle those tasks. Many of the tasks are required for performing specific operations on your machine and removing them may cause your program or entire computer to malfunction or reboot.
Should I download a new copy of the Dvdlauncher.exe file?The only time you should ever download a new version of a system file is when it comes through an application update or from the publisher directly. Be very cautious when downloading system files from third-party websites as they may contain additional software that you would install without knowing. This could cause an even larger issue than the error you are getting from this file!
Best way to fix Dvdlauncher.exe errorsWhen these errors occur, verify if any new hardware or software has been added. If so, simply removing the new hardware or software may resolve the issue. If not, follow the steps below.
- Scan for any driver updates for new equipment. If new equipment or programs have been loaded, they may require updated drivers. Download new, secure drivers and perform a clean system restart.
- Download and install updates for the operating system. Regardless of the operating system version you are using, it is always considered good practice to install the latest security updates.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware applications. Most virus scanners will protect your machine from basic threats. To increase your protection, use a malware scanner as well.
More information about Dvdlauncher.exe
Some errors may be resolved by downloading the latest CyberLink updates from their official website. If you wish to continue using the program, download the newest updates for the application from the correct area. After downloading and installing secured updates, be sure to restart your system.
It is important to keep in mind that even though files are usually located in their default file locations, certain files can easily be moved to other locations. A number of spyware, adware, or other malicious programs can change the names of files like dvdlauncher.exe. This is one of the primary reasons as to why a user would experience the dvdlauncher.exe error.
If you think that the dvdlauncher.exe file has been negatively affected by spyware or adware, it is recommended that you check to see if you find a similar file name elsewhere on your computer. If you find another instance of the same file, your system may be at risk for infection (or already infected). If this happens, be sure to perform a system scan.