The autorungui.dll file is an element from the AutoRun GUI published by Electronic Arts. When this file is shown to not load, the error may be caused by corruption with the CD, DVD, or internal hard drive. This file is included in a file library published by Electronic Arts. Electronic Arts is a well-known video game publisher for PC and console games.
Possible causes of Autorungui.dll errorsThese errors are frequently caused by conflicts with the file or installation profile, misuse of the file or respective directories, or a malicious attack on the system.
- When conflicts arise on the profile or with the file, the application may be unable to transmit data between the necessary files.
- When a file or directory is misused or damaged, the application as a whole may be unable to load.
- Malicious attacks or infections on the system may render the entire system frozen or unable to perform any necessary computing functions.
Is Autorungui.dll a dangerous file (virus, malware, spyware)?In most cases, the file is considered to be safe. However, files do become corrupt at times and some malicious files are disguised to represent known, secure system files. When that happens, they can be very difficult to detect and remove, but using a comprehensive system scan usually detects them and allows you to safely remove them.
Known Autorungui.dll error messages
- File not found: Autorungui.dll
- Cannot find file: Autorungui.dll
- Device not recognized missing Autorungui.dll file
Should I stop the Autorungui.dll task or process within the Task Manager?Unless you have experience managing the processes and tasks on your machine, it is best to allow a system scanner or registry scanner to handle those tasks. Many of the tasks are required for performing specific operations on your machine and removing them may cause your program or entire computer to malfunction or reboot.
Should I download a new copy of the Autorungui.dll file?The only time you should ever download a new version of a system file is when it comes through an application update or from the publisher directly. Be very cautious when downloading system files from third-party websites as they may contain additional software that you would install without knowing. This could cause an even larger issue than the error you are getting from this file!
Best way to fix Autorungui.dll errorsWhen these errors occur, verify if any new hardware or software has been added. If so, simply removing the new hardware or software may resolve the issue. If not, follow the steps below.
- Scan for any driver updates for new equipment. If new equipment or programs have been loaded, they may require updated drivers. Download new, secure drivers and perform a clean system restart.
- Download and install updates for the operating system. Regardless of the operating system version you are using, it is always considered good practice to install the latest security updates.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware applications. Most virus scanners will protect your machine from basic threats. To increase your protection, use a malware scanner as well.
More information about Autorungui.dll
This file may prevent games from installing or load. Specific games that may be affected by this file or error include The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth, Sims 2, and other video games that make use of the AutoRun GUI.
Follow these steps to install Sims 2 and avoid autorungui.dll errors. Similar steps may also work for other games receiving this error as well.
- Insert CD/DVD into drive
- Create a new folder on 'Desktop' named 'Disk Images' (be sure to include a space)
- Inside the 'Disk Images' folder, create four new folders: 'Disk1', 'Disk2', 'Disk3', 'Disk4' (do not include spaces)
- Insert the first Sims installation disk. Select All files and copy them into 'Disk1'
- Repeat step 4 above with each disk
- After all content from each disk has been copied to the respective folder, remove all CDs/DVDs from the computer
- Open the 'Disk1' folder and right click on 'autorun.exe'. Select 'Run as administrator'
- Continue with the installation using the on-screen steps
- Following a successful installation, the 'Disk Images' folder (and all sub-folders) can be deleted