The atl90.dll file is made by Microsoft Visual Studio and is a legitimate Microsoft component. It is frequently found on Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Product Name: Microsoft Visual Studio
Author: Microsoft Corporation
Rating: based on 24 votes
File scan: Click here to run a file scan
What causes atl90.dll errors?
While the file is a legitimate component of Microsoft, most users are oblivious to their existence. Generally, they are not known to be a security threat; however, they can be used by hackers or with the use of unsecured websites.
Possible causes of Atl90.dll errorsThese errors are frequently caused by conflicts with the file or installation profile, misuse of the file or respective directories, or a malicious attack on the system.
- When conflicts arise on the profile or with the file, the application may be unable to transmit data between the necessary files.
- When a file or directory is misused or damaged, the application as a whole may be unable to load.
- Malicious attacks or infections on the system may render the entire system frozen or unable to perform any necessary computing functions.
Is Atl90.dll a dangerous file (virus, malware, spyware)?In most cases, the file is considered to be safe. However, files do become corrupt at times and some malicious files are disguised to represent known, secure system files. When that happens, they can be very difficult to detect and remove, but using a comprehensive system scan usually detects them and allows you to safely remove them.
Known Atl90.dll error messages
- File not found: Atl90.dll
- Cannot find file: Atl90.dll
- Device not recognized missing Atl90.dll file
Should I stop the Atl90.dll task or process within the Task Manager?Unless you have experience managing the processes and tasks on your machine, it is best to allow a system scanner or registry scanner to handle those tasks. Many of the tasks are required for performing specific operations on your machine and removing them may cause your program or entire computer to malfunction or reboot.
Should I download a new copy of the Atl90.dll file?The only time you should ever download a new version of a system file is when it comes through an application update or from the publisher directly. Be very cautious when downloading system files from third-party websites as they may contain additional software that you would install without knowing. This could cause an even larger issue than the error you are getting from this file!
Best way to fix Atl90.dll errorsWhen these errors occur, verify if any new hardware or software has been added. If so, simply removing the new hardware or software may resolve the issue. If not, follow the steps below.
- Scan for any driver updates for new equipment. If new equipment or programs have been loaded, they may require updated drivers. Download new, secure drivers and perform a clean system restart.
- Download and install updates for the operating system. Regardless of the operating system version you are using, it is always considered good practice to install the latest security updates.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware applications. Most virus scanners will protect your machine from basic threats. To increase your protection, use a malware scanner as well.
More information about Atl90.dllThe severity of the error will determine the best solution for you. Below you will find a few potential solutions.
- Install (or re-install) Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package – Here are two secure links to download, directly from Microsoft (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86))
- Perform a clean boot and monitor the status – Here is a step-by-step guide to performing a clean boot. Make sure to return your computer to a ‘normal boot’ setting after performing a clean boot.
If the above solutions do not work for you, research further as to what happened when the error(s) first started. Also, if you are attempting to install a new piece of hardware (such as a printer), you may need to download the updated drivers for the device to ensure it functions properly.