Alut.dll is a NVIDIA Corporation OpenAL(TM) Utility Library. The dynamic link library (.dll) is a library made up of data or functions, which is able to be utilized by Windows applications. The dynamic link library supplies one or more specific functions, allowing programs to gain access to and use the functions by making a static link or an active link to a .dll file.
File description: OpenAL(TM) Utility Library
Company: NVIDIA Corporation
Rating: based on 24 votes
File scan: Click here to run a file scan
Possible causes of Alut.dll errorsThese errors are frequently caused by conflicts with the file or installation profile, misuse of the file or respective directories, or a malicious attack on the system.
- When conflicts arise on the profile or with the file, the application may be unable to transmit data between the necessary files.
- When a file or directory is misused or damaged, the application as a whole may be unable to load.
- Malicious attacks or infections on the system may render the entire system frozen or unable to perform any necessary computing functions.
Is Alut.dll a dangerous file (virus, malware, spyware)?In most cases, the file is considered to be safe. However, files do become corrupt at times and some malicious files are disguised to represent known, secure system files. When that happens, they can be very difficult to detect and remove, but using a comprehensive system scan usually detects them and allows you to safely remove them.
Known Alut.dll error messages
- File not found: Alut.dll
- Cannot find file: Alut.dll
- Device not recognized missing Alut.dll file
Should I stop the Alut.dll task or process within the Task Manager?Unless you have experience managing the processes and tasks on your machine, it is best to allow a system scanner or registry scanner to handle those tasks. Many of the tasks are required for performing specific operations on your machine and removing them may cause your program or entire computer to malfunction or reboot.
Should I download a new copy of the Alut.dll file?The only time you should ever download a new version of a system file is when it comes through an application update or from the publisher directly. Be very cautious when downloading system files from third-party websites as they may contain additional software that you would install without knowing. This could cause an even larger issue than the error you are getting from this file!
Best way to fix Alut.dll errorsWhen these errors occur, verify if any new hardware or software has been added. If so, simply removing the new hardware or software may resolve the issue. If not, follow the steps below.
- Scan for any driver updates for new equipment. If new equipment or programs have been loaded, they may require updated drivers. Download new, secure drivers and perform a clean system restart.
- Download and install updates for the operating system. Regardless of the operating system version you are using, it is always considered good practice to install the latest security updates.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware applications. Most virus scanners will protect your machine from basic threats. To increase your protection, use a malware scanner as well.
More information about Alut.dll
Alut.dll errors may also be related to the deletion or contamination of an in important DLL file by name of xmltok.dll. In other instances, alut.dll errors might point to a problem with the computer system’s registry, a malware or virus issue, and/or some hardware malfunction.
Another fix for alut.dll would be to reinstall the file. Since the file is required for the OpenAL Utility Library, it is likely associated with sound drivers. Reinstalling necessary sound drivers from the manufacturer is a possible solution.
As mentioned above, the best place to download any system file is directly from the manufacturer. In this case, Creative Labs has a variety of downloads associated with the OpenAL library (about the OpenAL library). You should always be cautious about downloading a file from a third-party website. While the file may be safe and secure, it is suggested to scan the file for malware or other inconsistencies before installing it into your system. Remember, a simple system file can render your entire operating system useless if it is installed improperly or if it is a dangerous file.