The admexs.dll file is associated with IIS (Internet Information Services or Internet Information Server) which is a Microsoft-based web server. The server supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, SMTP, and NNTP.
Most errors regarding the this file are discovered during installation of various versions of IIS. A known error results during installation of IIS 5.1 where admexs.dll, appconf.dll, and hostmib.dll are unable to be located or installed.
Possible causes of Admexs.dll errorsThese errors are frequently caused by conflicts with the file or installation profile, misuse of the file or respective directories, or a malicious attack on the system.
- When conflicts arise on the profile or with the file, the application may be unable to transmit data between the necessary files.
- When a file or directory is misused or damaged, the application as a whole may be unable to load.
- Malicious attacks or infections on the system may render the entire system frozen or unable to perform any necessary computing functions.
Is Admexs.dll a dangerous file (virus, malware, spyware)?In most cases, the file is considered to be safe. However, files do become corrupt at times and some malicious files are disguised to represent known, secure system files. When that happens, they can be very difficult to detect and remove, but using a comprehensive system scan usually detects them and allows you to safely remove them.
Known Admexs.dll error messages
- File not found: Admexs.dll
- Cannot find file: Admexs.dll
- Device not recognized missing Admexs.dll file
Should I stop the Admexs.dll task or process within the Task Manager?Unless you have experience managing the processes and tasks on your machine, it is best to allow a system scanner or registry scanner to handle those tasks. Many of the tasks are required for performing specific operations on your machine and removing them may cause your program or entire computer to malfunction or reboot.
Should I download a new copy of the Admexs.dll file?The only time you should ever download a new version of a system file is when it comes through an application update or from the publisher directly. Be very cautious when downloading system files from third-party websites as they may contain additional software that you would install without knowing. This could cause an even larger issue than the error you are getting from this file!
Best way to fix Admexs.dll errorsWhen these errors occur, verify if any new hardware or software has been added. If so, simply removing the new hardware or software may resolve the issue. If not, follow the steps below.
- Scan for any driver updates for new equipment. If new equipment or programs have been loaded, they may require updated drivers. Download new, secure drivers and perform a clean system restart.
- Download and install updates for the operating system. Regardless of the operating system version you are using, it is always considered good practice to install the latest security updates.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware applications. Most virus scanners will protect your machine from basic threats. To increase your protection, use a malware scanner as well.
More information about Admexs.dll
Other causes of these errors include attempting to install IIS on a system with Microsoft XP Professional SP2. SP2 is Service Pack 2, and the error may result in the system being unable to properly copy installation files to the system.
In some cases, the file is not installed to the proper directory. If the file is discovered in a different directory, simply copy it to the proper system location where the error displays. Users posted about this exact solution for the admxprox.dll file during an IIS installation.
When the registry is modified, severe system damage may occur. Take the necessary steps to adequately back up system data before performing any registry modifications. Learn more about IIS installations on Windows XP Professional with SP2 from Microsoft Support.