After I installed the Service Pack 1 windows update, I got problems after problems:
1. When I reboot, I get a chkdsk running, and all my registries and indexes are changed. deleted or what have you.
2. Then I lost my sound. My volume icon shows "No audio output device is installed". I did everything like uninstall the driver from the Device Manager but still no sound.
3. Next, my photos could no longer be viewed and even my wallpaper is gone.
4. Next my windows update won't run, then my AVG virus file won't update.
5. On start-up, I get messages like
a. Bad image: Windows\system 32\WindowsCodecs.dll may be corrupted or missing.
b. Conexant HD Smart Audio 221 is not designed to run on this blah blah blah
c. Exception Processing Image: OxC00007b Parameters 0x759692A0 repeatedly
I e.ven get an Ocx error.
I also got a bad image message like CLayout Host-Wind Tool-tip YahooM-1.exe blah blah and then my yahoo mails won't show the body text of my emails but only show the subject.
More information about formatting options